News and notes from around the interweb:
- When taxis protest Uber and Lyft by clogging traffic that means you can’t get a cab as easily and.. have no choice but to use Uber or Lyft. #ThinkAboutIt
- Terminals 1 and 2 are now connected at San Francisco airport
- An airport first and fourth amendment claim moves forward
- Singapore’s Tigerair has a campaign for infrequent flyers. It got quite a bit of play back in April. The idea is that there aren’t many benefits, but you still may like signing up for stuff — you even get to pick your card’s color, though you have to print it yourself. Over half a million people have signed up. (HT: Hendrik L.)
- The outgoing head of the TSA thinks liquid restrictions should be lifted, at least for PreCheck eligible passengers (although TSA says PreCheck is never guaranteed, so that’s not really a useful distinction for planning what liquids to bring). A lot of good it does the TSA head to say current rules are useless rather than, you know, actually do something about them… #WarOnWater
- Avianca’s LifeMiles is offering a 100% bonus on purchased miles through December 19.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!