News and notes from around the interweb:
- The abandoned 5-star resort of North Cyprus
- Propeller slices through plane window, hits woman in the head.
- A woman, nervous about flying Malaysia Airlines, claims to have been sexually assaulted instead of comforted. (HT: Alan H.) Something is fishy about this story.
- Not sure how I didn’t know this, but American Airlines is pursuing a beacon technology project at Dallas that will tell you if you’re lost and where you need to be via their mobile app
- LAX wants 4 new fire trucks. Apparently that costs $3.8 million. Which is a bargain compared to what Boston Logan pays — $1.3 million per truck.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!