News and notes from around the interweb:
- 25 Fascinating Rules of Etiquette from Around the World
- Marriott Rewards will start offering free wireless internet to all guests who are members of the program and book directly through a Marriott channel, starting January 15. This may be at a degraded speed compared to what Gold and Platinum members are entitled to.
- Up to 50% off awards from Air France KLM Flying Blue (an American Express transfer partner) should be up starting tomorrow for November booking and January/February travel.
- Hilton’s Winter promo is a week double points (unless you’re staying at an excluded property) November 1 through January 31. But you should register anyway.
- The air sickness bag virtual museum.
- Jose Canseco’s anti-Delta tweets that preceded his shooting himself in the finger. (HT: Jeff M.)
- You can now reserve parking ahead of time and pay with your phone at Washington’s National airport. I haven’t had a problem finding parking there in years, it’s well-connected to metro, and there’s even a trick to park for free.
- Hyatt lets you book awards, check cash and points availability, and confirm suite upgrades via Twitter. I do wish cash and points availability could be checked online, though. The post also flags something I’ve long known but I’m not sure is widely recognized, that Hyatt lets Diamond members make awards without having enough points in their account to cover them — they just need the points to cover the stay in advance of check-in.
- So Much for EMV Chip Cards Being Secure