News and notes from around the interweb:
- While they haven’t (yet?) led to lower prices, Here’s how falling oil prices could change airline flying decisions (HT: Alan H.)
- Yesterday I noted that for several hours after the advertised end of the Chase Ink Plus offer, it was still available on the Chase site. Then sometime in the early afternoon that online application was no longer available. And I asked readers to let me know of any still-working links. There are several in the comments of that thread, apparently folks who had created their own referral links still have those links working. So if you’re interested in the card, check out reader referral inks in the comments at least until that program ends.
- Suntrust is offering a $300 checking account signup bonus at a limited number of branches. They really seem to like incentivizing products that are no longer nearly as profitable as they used to be. Even though it’s no longer offered, they continue awarding me 1 Delta mile per dollar on my Suntrust Delta debit card..
- It’s not just miles forums and blogs with concerns over Delta’s revenue-based frequent flyer program coming next year. Here’s what a photography blog things of Delta’s changes. (HT: James Z.)
- Good suggestions if you’re affected by the Lufthansa strike
- How to make your bed at home feel like the beds in hotels (HT: Alan H.)