News and notes from around the interweb:
- Some reports of Barclaycard signing up consumers who ask for a targeted spending bonus on the US Airways Premier World MasterCard.
- 10,000 bonus Qantas points for new members who earn 10,000 points in their first 3 months of membership.
- United has a 20% bonus for transferring hotel points to miles. Conceivably a decent deal when redeeming Marriott travel packages, but hard to see myself taking advantage of this offer.
- My offer for IHG Rewards’ “Into the Nights” promotion — the most generous hotel offer in the market by far — has not changed. But others are reporting that the requirements for them to earn free nights are shifting after the promotion is underway. I’ve reached out to IHG to see whether there’s some sort of technical glitch, or something more nefarious going on.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!