I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, and other banks are advertising partners of this site. I do not write about all credit cards that are available — instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Airlines take different approaches to inflight entertainment. It amazes me that carriers install expensive, heavy (and thus fuel-sucking) equipment when they can inexpensively stream content and passengers can easily bring their own devices. But then it amazed me when US Airways took out power ports from many of their aircraft. (HT: Alan H.)
- Apparently someone earned over 200,000 points posting to the Barclaycard online travel community. I hope they have the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard — because while non-cardholders can earn points by posting, those points are worth five times as much for cardholders. (HT: Milenerd)
- Stuff I don’t want to think about: Cover your drink on the plane.
- 10 Ways to Spend a Million Starpoints. I think this idea is even better.
- Some amazing Europe and Asia fares currently over at The Flight Deal, a blog I subscribe to via RSS feed.
- Signs you don’t want to see in an airport lounge.
Editorial note: any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. Comments made in response to this post are not provided or commissioned nor have they been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by any bank. It is not the responsibility of any advertiser to ensure that questions are answered, either.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!