Delta is offering its elites and co-brand credit card holders a discount on award redemptions booked through September 23.
Naturally, the more you dig in though the tougher this gets.
Here are the discounts:
So it’s 4000 miles off domestic roundtrip awards, though you get 8000 miles off if you’re booking at the more expensive
medium “standard” (cough) price. Still, that means you can get decent availability for only a modest premium off of the ‘usual’ Delta domestic award pricing.
And 10,000 miles off a roundtrip to Southern South America, Europe and Asia.
Of course, this is for:
- Delta flights only, no partners, not even 49%-owned Virgin Atlantic
- Economy only
- No discounts are available to “Hawaii; Alaska; Canada; Africa; the Middle East; Caracas, Venezuela; Cancun, Mexico; Rio De Janeiro, Brazil; and Sydney, Australia.”
- International tickets require 30 day advance purchase and 7 day minimum stay.
- There are blackout dates (remember those?):
- November 20 through December 2, 2014, December 19 through December 24, 2014, December 26 through December 29, 2014, December 31, 2014, January 1 through January 5, 2015, January 16, 2015, January 19, 2015, February 13, 2015 and February 16, 2015.
Still, if you’re a Delta elite or credit card holder and you want to use miles to fly economy for travel between October 22 and February 28 and can stay a week or more and avoid the blackout dates then you will save miles.
Simply log into your account and the Delta website should price these awards inclusive of the discount.