News and notes from around the interweb:
- Plink Rewards, which was a great double dipping tool, for instance earning an extra rebate at office supply stores, has shut down. I speculated something could be amiss six months ago but was wrong at the time. Sadly there is no more earning or redeeming, even of accumulated points. Travel With Grant eulogizes.
- Aeroplan has a glitch booking tickets with Air China and isn’t booking any at the moment. Some tickets issued over the past month remain in pending status, so if you have an Air China award booked with Aeroplan points be sure to check whether you are travel-ready.
- Understanding Spirit Airlines fees. The $16.99 usage fee for buying a ticket on their website is absurd (you can spend the time going to the airport and queuing at the ticket counter to avoid it). And don’t drink the onboard wine in a can…
- New York hotel sues to get a giant inflatable bed bug removed.
- 600 free Avios for survey site signup
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!