Virgin Atlantic a 25% off award seat sale discounting economy and premium economy redemptions.
This is a sample of available cities and roundtrip prices, though the sale applies to nearly all routes.
Open jaws are permitted as long as both city pairs are eligible for the promotion, for instance Los Angeles – London – San Francisco is allowed.
As seen in the charts above, there are fuel surcharges added to award tickets. But those have been reduced for economy awards (the flipside of course, is that this is an offer for economy awards only, so you won’t get a‘onesie’).
Award cancel and redeposit terms are generous. It used to be you’d lose 25% of your miles but there was no cancel/deposit option within 7 days of travel. Now you can cancel and get all of your miles back up to 24 hours prior to travel for a US$50 fee. Compare that to the sweeping new standard in the U.S. of $200, and it looks pretty good (and Delta will not allow changes within 72 hours of travel).
Bank of America is currently offering what I view as an 82,500 mile signup bonus for their Virgin Atlantic credit card. Those may not post in time for this sale, which requires booking by September 23.
Here are the full terms:
1. Flying Club reward flights are subject to the payment of applicable taxes, charges, fees and surcharges. The exact amount will be advised at the time of booking online or via our Contact Centres.
2. Offer valid for travel in Economy and Premium Economy Class only across all routes except for Premium Economy to/from Cape Town. Little Red flights are also included.
3. This offer is for full mileage reward seats only, and cannot be combined with Miles Plus Money fares.
4. CombiFares are permitted.
5. The 25% reduction in mileage offer can be booked on different routes as long as both routes are included in the promotion e.g. London – San Francisco and Los Angeles to London.
6. Once the booking has been ticketed, amending the route is not permitted.
7. Date changes can be made (normal charges apply).
8. Credit card upgrades can be applied to this offer.
9. All Virgin Atlantic Reward seat travel is strictly subject to availability. Some flights may have no availability on certain routes, and popular dates e.g. Weekends, school and public holidays.
10. Passengers are not entitled to earn Flying Club miles or tier points.
(HT: Muslim Travel Girl)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!