Today’s frequent flyer news to know:
- Can you undo a Chase Ultimate Rewards redemption?
- One amazing benefit of the British Airways Visa is the companion award ticket. Spend $30,000 on the card in a year and a second passenger gets to fly for no additional miles on an award redemption (still need to find 2 award seats, and pay taxes/fuel surcharges). Roundtrips are no longer required to use the companion award.
- 10,000 Lufthansa Miles & More miles for a $160 Economist subscription.
- I’ve said that Atlantic City is the saddest tourist destination in the United States. Here is more evidence.
- How to maximize your vacation even when you have to work. One of the tips at TripAdvisor is mine.
- Qantas is adding an additional 3 times weekly Melbourne-Los Angeles flight. Any time there are more seats in the market that’s a good thing for award available, in this case for one of the toughest awards there is — premium cabin non-stop seats between the US and Australia. (Qantas seats are notoriously tough, though I am fortunate to have a couple of A380 first class seats reserved for the not too distant future.)
- Just how useless for detecting weapons are the TSA’s nude-o-scopes? Plenty of people are willing to trade liberty for security, but it’s truly pathetic when we trade it for no reason at all.