News and notes from around the interweb:
- Barb DeLollis reminds us that United’s plan to improve performance by ditching 50 seat regional jets has been their narrative for 8 years.
- The bed bugs at United’s corporate headquarters have apparently been contained.
- This is not a way I would recommend earning miles.
- Alaska Airlines is doing very well despite erstwhile partner Delta’s ramp-up in Seattle. Alaska is replacing most of the partnership’s revenue loss, including with a 20% increase in revenue from their American Airlines partnership.
- TSA Nude-o-Scopes have backdoor passwords and one could, it’s claimed, even be accessed via the internet.
- Recent improvement to the American Airlines mobile app
- Forget the negativity: air miles offer ‘an Earthly paradise’.
- Now that Air India is a member of the Star Alliance, I found this Air India first class award redemption trip report useful as well as this one.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!