News and notes from around the interweb:
- One of my favorite travel journalists – Barbara DeLollis – joined BoardingArea. Seriously, check it out.
- Evolve Money, which lets you liquidate cards you’ve purchased (earning miles along the way) by paying bills will now allow you to schedule your bill payments 45 days out. Great new feature!
- Kimpton Hotels is offering 20% off and double stay credit for logged-in members with promo code FLING on bookings made by August 4 and stays through September 30. Not all properties participate.
- That post reminds me to mention that Kimpton is back with their ‘secret phrase’ — through September 21, mention “Summer of Karma” at checkin to receive a surprise.
- Up to 2000 bonus miles from United MileagePlus Shopping: 500 bonus miles for every $125 spent through August 31, bonus can be earned up to 4 times.
- United hit with 16 OSHA violations at Newark and proposed fines including repeat violations.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!