Frequent travel news of note:
- Malaysia Airlines — struggling even before the disappearance of MH370 — is being considered for a restructuring and privatization. I’ve certainly seen cutbacks at the Kuala Lumpur first class lounge though they do have my favorite inflight satay.
- An airline ticket out of Venezuela is like Gold. At first flights were just currency arbitrage but now there are far fewer international flights.
- Holiday Inn Express can’t claim breakfast is free anymore in the U.K. since you have to pay for a room – which isn’t free – to get breakfast. There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch, either.
- First Friday is a great day to stack those big dining for miles bonuses.
- How to Organize When You Have Too Many Credit Cards.
- India is looking at December for eliminating their advance visa requirement for nationals of several countries (presumably including the U.S.). I remain skeptical of the timeline until it is actually implemented.