News and notes from around the interweb:
- Inside JetBlue’s new ‘Mint’ business class cabin which debuts on Sunday.
- Pilots unions and US airlines are still trying to shut down low cost Norwegian Air. Here’s their argument.
- Finnair is offering 2000 bonus points for hotel bookings and 500 points for (European) taxi bookings. That sounds much more lucrative than 2 American Express points per dollar spent on Uber!
- Could there be anything more ridiculous we could blame an airline for?
- You can apparently no longer convert American AAdvantage 500 mile upgrade certificates to frequent flyer miles. About a decade ago the rate was one 500 mile certificate to 2500 miles, then it became just 500 miles, and in recent years I didn’t even realize it was still possible to do (or I would have done it, since I have leftover 500 mile upgrades from before I was an Executive Platinum member).
- 1000 Virgin Velocity points if you sign up for Australia Post‘s digital mailbox. Virgin Velocity is a surprisingly useful program but you have to sign up for it with an eligible address…