News and notes from around the interweb:
- I’m giving away $400, it’s easy to enter with a comment.
- Scott Mayerowitz reports that just after the NTSB criticized the FAA for how it had overseen testing of the Boeing 787, the FAA has approved the 787 for 330 minutes “ETOPS” (traveling 5 1/2 hours away from the nearest emergency landing location).
- How to plan a family beach vacation that won’t break the bank
- What happens when a passenger dies inflight? (HT: @speakman)
- Uber is introducing an SUV option for their lower-cost UberX in the DC market