Vinesse, purveyor of automatic shipping of really bad wine, wants you to join their wine club.
The offer of ‘over 11,500’ United miles and a United Club pass breaks down as:
- 2,500 miles with your first shipment of 6 bottles of wine at a cost of $58.49 plus 1 cent shipping.
- 4,000 miles with your second shipment (costing $90 – $120 for 6 bottles of wine, plus shipping)
- A United Club pass with your third shipment
- 7 miles per dollar spent beginning with your third shipment.
I figure this is actually a minimum of 12,800 miles after a year: 2500 + 4500 + ($90 x 7 miles/$ x 10 shipments for shipments 3-12).
The total miles earned will be higher to the extent that some shipments charge more than the lowest $15 per bottle price on wine.
I did this once. Back in 2009 there was an offer of 4500 Northwest Worldperks miles for a single $42 order. I cancelled after the first shipment and did get the miles.
But the wine was so undrinkable that no matter how many promotions there have been over the past five years since that, I haven’t bitten. Even when Vinesse counted as a ‘partner’ in the US Airways Grand Slam, I just couldn’t do it.
If you want to try wines, and be given miles to do it, you may wish to jump on this offer. But please don’t think that what they send you is representative of “wine” as such.
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!