There are some hotels that will be going down in points price, while no hotels are going up. So that’s good news, something we haven’t seen a lot of lately.
Here’s the word, and it includes a commitment not increase award night pricing for the rest of the year:
More than 100 IHG hotels will require 5,000 less IHG Rewards Club points per Reward Night. We will not be making any increases to our Reward Night pricing during 2014.
These changes to our Reward Night catalog will be effective on April 15 but we wanted to share this news with you so you can share with your readers ahead of time (no embargo).
Below are some highlights of the more than 100 properties whose Reward Nights will be decreasing by 5,000 points.
- InterContinental Hotel Shanghai-Puxi, China – 35,000 to 30,000 IHG Rewards Club points
- Crowne Plaza Geneva, Switzerland – 35,000 to 30,000 IHG Rewards Club points
- Hotel Indigo Fort Myers Downtown River District, Florida, U.S. – 30,000 to 25,000 IHG Rewards Club points
- Holiday Inn Resort PhuketMai Khao Beach Resort, Phuket, Thailand – 20,000 to 15,000 IHG Rewards Club points
- Holiday Inn Ciudad De Mexico- Trade Center, Mexico – 15,000 to 10,000 IHG Rewards Club points
- Holiday Inn Express Frankfurt-Messe, Germany – 25,000 to 20,000 IHG Rewards Club points
- Staybridge Suites – San Antonio-Stone Oak, Texas, U.S. – 20,000 to 15,000 IHG Rewards Club points
- Candlewood Suites Virginia Beach-Norfolk, Virginia, U.S. – 25,000 to 20,000 IHG Rewards Club points
As always, over 70% of our hotels are available for 20,000 points or less per Reward Night.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!