News and notes from around the interweb:
- A sneak peak at the Park Hyatt Vienna which opens this summer
- The new list of IHG Rewards PointBreaks hotels is available, with booking starting on Monday.
- Starwood has a promotion for meeting planners who book by September 30 for events through the end of 2014: a 2% discount on the master bill, 1000 bonus Starpoints for every 10 room nights, plus either a complimentary welcome reception or free room or upgrade for every 35 rooms booked. That’s on top of the usual points earned. I much like Starwood’s meeting planning program which – like Marriott’s – will let you earn elite status through your coompany’s meeting spend.
- Your first class priority tag might make your bag more attractive to a sticky-fingered baggage handler. And ‘most thefts occur from gate-checked luggage’.
- Life advice from Richard Branson: Do what you love and have a sofa in the kitchen. (HT: Marginal Revolution)
- United is eliminating special order meals between Newark and San Francisco/Los Angeles.
- One woman has tried to sneak on flights to Hawaii five separate times. It’s never worked.