News and notes from around the interweb:
- How a credit card is made. (The actual, physical card, not the benefits.. which themselves involve a negotiation between card issuer, card network, and co-brand partner.)
- Another US Airways flight gets hit by a truck. That’s costly, and they’ll need to make it up somewhere in merger synergies…
- The observation deck on top of the old Encounter restaurant at LAX will re-open Saturday. It’s one of the many great places at LAX (like the In ‘n Out Burger next to the Sepulveda Parking Spot location – free bus!) to watch aircraft.
- The end of digEplayers? Alaska’s CEO says they’ll add servers to their planes and start streaming 1000 movies inflight in a year.
- Good Costco joining deal.
- The Truth About the Luxury of Qatar Airways (HT: Lucky) It is a biased article with an axe to grind, for sure, but also reflects an underlying truth (and the airline’s treatment of its non-European employees is likely worse). It strikes me more a story about life for foreigners in Middle Eastern countries than about any specific company, as well.