News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card already has no foreign transaction fees. They’re introducing an EMV smart chip (‘chip and signature’) which makes it easier to use in Europe especially. Current cardholders can ask Chase to replace their current card with a chip-version before their standard replacement date.
- Qantas is offering elite status accrual for economy awards booked by December 31 for travel through the end of next year.
- Hyatt has published award prices for its new all-inclusive resorts in Los Cabos and Cancun. Seems reasonable, though I don’t like the idea of any award priced higher than currently category 6.
- Speaking of Sapphire Preferred, today is the first Friday of the month which means triple points on dining. Go out to dinner somewhere nice!
(Note that cards in this post offer credit to me if you’re approved using my links. The opinions, analyses, and evaluations here are mine. The content is not provided or commissioned by American Express, by Chase, by Citibank, US Bank, Bank of America, Barclays or any other company. They have not reviewed, approved or endorsed what I have to say.)
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!