News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- Doing well by doing good: generating spending and miles and points by making Kiva micro-loans (that should eventually get repaid). There’s an entire forum dedicated to discussing Kiva on Milepoint.
- Free points for taking various surveys
- Hotel advice (repost):
- UberX is free in DC through Friday
- I didn’t have the chance to make it to the grand opening yesterday of the new American Express lounge at Dallas Fort-Worth airport, but Mommy Points snapped a few photos.
- Lufthansa now operates fifteen lounges at the Frankfurt airport and the airport itself is home to more than two dozen.
- Iranian airline Mehan Air is operating second-hand Lufthansa planes. Even they don’t call the ‘old’ Lufthansa first class product first, preferring BusinessPlus instead. I found the padding on these seats uncomfortable three years ago. Time to speed up the rest of the fleet conversion, Lufthansa!
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!