News and notes from around the interweb:
- Like US Airways, Alaska Airlines has been rolling out pre-order of buy on board coach meals.
The test runs September 4 through November 30, 2013 on flights from Seattle to Atlanta, Newark, Honolulu, Kona, Chicago, Oakland, and Ontario.
- British Airways is offering a 25% bonus on transfers from hotel programs into Avios.
- 40-60 minutes to clear security in Orlando, and the crew line being used by ‘friends and family’?
- A bad deal on buying miles from United that becomes less bad the more people who are taken in by it.
- On September 12, the Visa/MasterCard anti-trust case settlement goes before a judge for approval. Law professor Todd Zywicki comments in Forbes.
- British Airways will begin Austin-London service with a Boeing 787 in March — five times weekly to start, with plans to go daily later in the year.
- You can join the 30,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. Don’t miss out!