News and notes from around the interweb:
- On Thursday I wrote that upgrades are no longer a good use of miles but noted a handful of exceptions — one of the biggest being British Airways upgrades from premium economy to business class. Here’s a great discussion of the exceptional value these upgrades offer, and how to get them.
- Macaulay Culkin Snaps, Then Checks Into an Ibis Hotel. If he picked Ibis because of free Le Club Accorhotels Platinum status, he was sorely disappointed, the program doesn’t offer upgrade benefits with Ibis…
- Virgin Australia frequent flyer cards will become mileage-earning prepaid Visa cards.
- Loyalty Lobby has the scoop on the Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles 25% discount on award redemptions for travel through end of May.
- Vanity Fair takes on the New York Times‘ ’36 Hours In…” features with what 36 hours in a city would be like for most people. I always loved United’s Hemispheres Magazine Three Perfect Days features though.