News and Notes from Around the Interweb:
- Best Western is offering a $50 Best Western Travel Card valid through November 1 after 3 stays between April 22 and June 9, plus 1000 bonus points if you pay for all three with their co-branded credit card. Registration required. (HT: NotiFlyer)
- My comment reported on whether major airlines will adopt the ‘pay by weight’ concept: Not. Going. To. Happen.
- Head for Points reports that Virgin Atlantic will offer intra-UK redemptions for just 7500 points roundtrip and £30 in taxes/fees. That trumps British Airways’ 9000 points roundtrip, and matches them on fees, though flight frequencies are more limited.
- Chase is temporarily waiving the fee for online gift card purchases, although they say you won’t be able to get a ‘PIN’ for the gift cards meaning it’ll be tough to get the funds off of the gift cards without actually just using them for spend.
- For every three eligible nights between April 5 and May 5, Starwood will give you a $50 Ticketmaster Concert Cash code. Registration required. (HT: Mommy Points)
- I was in Austin recently and wanted to give the Driskill hotel a try. It’s an old-time top shelf Austin hotel, at least that’s its reputation, and it has recently been acquired by Hyatt. Unfortunately it was sold out. I was pleased as usual with the Hyatt Regency instead, especially its patios overlooking the river. But Mommy Points stayed at the Driskill and offers a detailed account.