This morning’s roundup:
- Just Another Points Traveler flags 100 free American Airlines miles on Facebook with a chance to win 100,000.
- Loyalty Traveler reports that Starwood Preferred Guest will now give elite stay credit for up to three rooms in a night, if the member is present and pays for all three. So book rooms for your family, you not only get the points but also elite credit. Even if they’re award nights, since awards now count towards status. And if you’re mattress running at a nearby hotel on a cheap rate, book (3) concurrent stays for triple the credit.
- Joe knows that I’m considering the Samsung Galaxy SIII phone that debuts in the U.S. in a couple of days, and emails to let me know that in addition to whatever rebates my purchase comes with, Samsung will pay me to trade in my current phone. My old Blackberry is worth $70, I have to decide whether it’s worth it to me to keep it as a backup (and whether it’s worth the hassle of truly wiping the phone before I send it in).
- One Mile at a Time points out that if you originate in Kathmandu, Nepal that a one-way first class ticket for the Singapore Airlines suites will cost you ‘just’ US$3290 back to Los Angeles. It a great fare compared to regular price for most long-haul Singapore AIrlines suites flights, but I’ll still just redeem miles for first class on another carrier…
- LoyaltyLobby summarizes 8 Priority Club promotions you may be able to double, triple, or sextuple dip on.