There’s a new offer for an Alaska Airlines Visa with a 30,000 mile signup bonus.
This is interesting for several reasons.
- Last June there was a 40,000 mile bonus, that’s been long gone, and the best offer I’ve been otherwise aware of has been 25,000 miles. So this is a bit better.
- Bank of America cards are generally churnable, I’ve had more than one Alaska card for instance.
- The bonus is awarded with first purchase, there’s no minimum spend requirement, so easy to get the bonus.
- The best card offers are usually from Chase, American Express, and Citibank. Good offers from other issuers — like Bank of America, Barclays, etc. — are really useful when planning a credit card churn.
- The card also comes with a $99 (+tax) companion ticket, the second passenger is treated just the same as the paying passenger, no capacity controls and can even be used for paid first class, something I did a couple of years ago to Hawaii.
There’s no referral credit to me, just as with the Virgin Atlantic (and Amex Platinum) card I posted about yesterday. Just an interesting offer.