As part of integrating the Northwest Worldperks program into Delta Skymiles, Worldperks is making changes to their award chart effective January 15.
They’re introducing Delta-pioneered three-tiered award pricing and increasing the mileage cost of several awards.
Here are the changes in coach saver award pricing:
- Hawaii goes up to 40,000 miles (14% increase)
- Europe goes to 60,000 miles (20% increase)
- Northern South America goes up to 45,000 miles (29% increase)
- Southern South America goes up to 60,000 miles (20% increase)
- Indian Subcontinent, Africa, Middle East drop to 80,000 miles (9% reduction)
Naturally, this is not good for Worldperks members but on the whole pretty much as expected — the programs are being aligned, Skymiles is the surviving program, and they need to align award charts since they will wind up permitting transfer of points between programs before the programs are actually merged. Without aligned award charts one could transfer points to the program which requires fewer miles for a given award.