I’ve had fabulous oceanfront rooms and rooms with the neatest gadgets imaginable. I’ve stayed in suites at Ritz-Carltons.
Though not the largest or most technologically advanced I’m probably happiest with my room at Bora Bora Nui, if only for the view from my deck (here’s the view to the right). The ability to feed fish from the tub isn’t bad, either. The sunset, the view from the spa, and the incredible colors of the water made this the most beautiful physical property I’ve ever seen, though service at the property was a bit lacking.
Recently I’ve been musing over what properties are on my ‘must see’ list.
While reserving the right to change the list at any time, the hotels I’m meaning to see in the near future include:
- Cala di Volpe on Sardinia’s Costa Smeralda, and while in the same part of the world I figure I’ll stay at Hotel Villa Cirpriani in Italy and Hotel Grande Bretagne in Athens, this last is one it’s hard to believe I haven’t visited yet — several friends have been and it doesn’t take that many Starwood points to stay there either.
- Four Seasons George V in Paris
- Banyan Tree Phuket in Thailand
- Post Ranch Inn in Big Sur
- Peninsula Bangkok in Thailand
- Four Seasons Chiang Mai also in Thailand (a theme is developing here)
- Little Nell in Aspen (since it’s supposed to be far nicer than than the Broadmoor)
- Parrot Cay Resort in Turks and Caicos
- The Montage in Laguna Niguel – I’ve been to the Ritz there, admittedly pre-renovation, but this is supposed to be a lot better
- Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay in Indonesia
The nice thing is that I’ll be able to redeem Starwood points to stay at the first three hotels I’ve mentioned.
What hotels are on your list?