Northwest’s annual Fly Free Faster promotion is back. You can register now.
Fly Free Faster 5 offers 10,000 bonus miles for completing a qualifying activity and earning five partner credits between June 1 and September 30 (so hold your guns and don’t go flying Northwest yet!).
Qualifying activities include:
- taking two domestic roundtrips or one international roundtrip (or four or two one-ways, respectively) on Northwest or KLM
- signing up and paying the fee for a Northwest Visa
- purchasing a WorldClub membership
I’ve had the Northwest Visa and Northwest Business Visa in the past. I’m going to sign up for the Northwest Signature Visa, a new product, and earn the 15,000 bonus miles for the $90 annual fee.
You can earn two partner credits for each of:
- new service with MCI, EarthLink, Nextel, or T-Mobile
- real estate transaction with LendingTree
- purchasing 5,000 or more miles from the WorldPerks Buy & Gift Miles program.
You can earn a single partner credit for each of:
- stay at any qualifying hotel partner (and direct that stay to earn Northwest miles)
- Rent from any qualifying car rental partner (and direct the rental car to earn Northwest miles)
- Shop through the WorldPerks Mall (requires spending a minimum of $25 on a single item to qualify, you can earn one credit for each mall merchant)
- Earn Northwest miles at an iDine restaurant (up to 3 credits for separate dines)
There are other partner options as well, and it’s always best to check the actual terms and conditions of the offer first (and for that matter, print out a copy of your registration confirmation from Fly Free Faster Five as well).
I already know that I’ll earn partner credits by transferring 1000 Goldpoints into 125 Northwest miles, probably transferring 1000 Diners Club Club Rewards points into 1000 Northwest miles, and then registering my new Northwest Signature Visa to earn Northwest miles at iDine restaurants, where I’ll buy a beer or soda at three different establishments.