Lynne Kiesling was suffering jet lag last week. Lynne, and everyone else, here are some basic tips on avoiding jet lag.
- Don’t fly coach. That alone makes a huge difference, both in ability to sleep and in general relaxation/stress mitigation level.
- Many folks report good success taking No Jet-Lag pills. It may be a placebo, but anecdotally they seem to work.
- Drink alot of water. Avoid alcohol especially on overnight flights.
- Try to adjust to the new time zone the day before flying out. Continue to adjust to the local time by sleeping or forcing yourself to stay awake during the flight.
- Upon arrival at your destination, take a shower and change clothes. Then stay up until bedtime in that location, no matter how tired. A quick nap is OK, but that’s it. If it’s sunny, take a nice long walk.
- If just hopping across the pond to Europe, take a day flight.