As you can see, I’m posting again. I was off for the holidays visiting family. I posted the full painstaking details of my travel over at Flyertalk. I gave American Airlines a shot, and their “premium transcon” (cross country) service compared favorably to United.
- They still offer hot towels
- They had a choice of pre-meal snacks, and they refilled the snacks
- They had four wines and champagne (United axed the champagne on their domestic flights).
- American had 10 inches more legroom on a comparable plane
- American offered a choice of desserts
- American still has warm freshly baked cookies prior to landing.
On the other hand, my return flights connecting through Dallas weren’t as good, and American uses all plastic utensils (not just plastic knives).