Delta offers easy “Elite Status Matching Program”
From a Delta flyer picked up at National airport:
- We realize you have a choice of airlines, and want to do all we can to make Delta your first choice. As an elite frequent flyer, you receive preferential benefits and services from another airline. Delta would like to recognize your elite status and provide similar services and benefits when you choose to travel with us. To do so, we are pleased to extend to you equivalent status* in Delta’s Medallion Program.
To take advantage of this invitation, please read the terms and conditions on this offer and follow the instructions listed below. We look forward to serving you soon on Delta.
1) Fax a copy of your current membership card for the airline in which you hold elite status to the SkyMiles Service Center at 404-715-9220. Fax must be received by February 28, 2003 in order to be eligible for this offer.
2) Print your name, phone number and Delta SkyMiles number on the top of the fax copy.
3) If you do not have a Delta SkyMiles number, please visit www.delta.com/enroll to enroll and obtain a SkyMiles membership number. Then you may complete the steps above.
4) Please allow up to two weeks for your SkyMiles account to reflect Medallion status. You can check your account status via delta.com. Please be sure to include your Delta SkyMiles number in all reservations so you may receive the appropriate mileage credit for your Medallion status.
*See terms and conditions on opposite side of this card for matching equivalent status.
The back of the card reads as follows:
- Terms and Conditions
1) Delta will award equivalent status at the Gold Medallion and Silver Medallion membership tiers only. Platinum Medallion status will not be granted for top tier members of other airline frequent flyer programs. Those with top tier status in other airline frequent flyer program will be granted Gold Medallion Status.
2) Faxed copy of other airline membership card must reflect current elite level for airline frequent flyer program.
3) Medallion membership awarded will be valid through February 28, 2004.
4) All standard SkyMiles Program rules and conditions apply, and are available at delta.com/skymiles. For more information regarding SkyMiles Medallion Program benefits, please go to delta.com/medallion