I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
I will update this list to 10 deals shortly.
- Best Overall Credit Card: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card: No annual fee for first year ($95 thereafter). Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards® but you shouldn’t spend the points that way because points transfer to United, Hyatt, Southwest, British Airways, Korean Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Air France Marriott, IHG Rewards Club, Ritz-Carlton. The card earns 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases worldwide. (Here’s the 10 Reasons I love Chase Sapphire Preferred)
- Fastest Points-Earning: Chase Sapphire Reserve Card earns triple points on travel and dining. Note that this is not my referral link for the card, and information about the product was neither provided nor reviewed by its issuer.
- Checking Account Miles: BankDirect 22,000 American Airlines mile signup bonus. This has been my primary checking account since July 2003.
- Miles for Car Rentals: 3000 US Airways Miles for a 3-Day Avis Rental
- Miles for Test Drives: 2000 Starwood Points or $50 gift card for test driving an Acura
- Miles for Flowers: FTD offers 30 American miles per dollar (plus 200 miles per order for American credit card holders).
- Make Your Travel Better: Get 12 Lounge Visit Passes Reimbursed for $20 (plus postage)