News and notes from around the interweb:
- Chinese woman fined for using ID card of lover’s dead wife for hotel tryst
- 7 ways to take your travel up a notch in 2018
- 2017 was safest year in history for passengers around world claim is that there were no fatal commercial jet airline crashes, excludes planes weighing less than 5700 kg.
- The new revenue-based Alitalia frequent flyer program can’t get its award pricing right, and of course not in your favor.
Check out the new Alitalia MilleMiglia redemption prices for LAX-FCO! (I called and they confirmed a website error. Told me “don’t book anything” and wait 48 hours.) @garyleff @WandrMe pic.twitter.com/CggvkUtW5V
— Peter (@ATCPeter) January 1, 2018
- US immigration computers went down for about 2 hours last night keeping people out of the country (and Mexico didn’t even have to pay for it).
- World Elite Mastercard new pre-reserve nightclub benefit (HT: @Iadisgr8)
The Nightlife Program (New)
Exclusive access to inventory at over 200 top nightclubs and lounges in the U.S. and around the world. Cardholders are able to book secured, dedicated time slots and avoid waiting in line to ensure VIP recognition at the venue. Contact our concierge through the number on the back of your card.+