News and notes from around the interweb:
- Swiss mountain village is turning itself into a resort to avoid extinction
- Etihad is cancelling their Dallas – Abu Dhabi flight effective March 25th when American terminates is codeshares with Etihad and Qatar. They’ve determined the economics of the flight won’t work without the codeshare.
Which just goes to show, of course, that like when they eliminated San Francisco service and reduced frequency on Los Angeles, Etihad’s flying decisions are determined by the economic realities of the routes. Disproving the claims American made in ending the codeshares. #irony
- US postal service memo on banning sale of money orders to customers paying with gift cards. It leaves discretion to the employee as to whether they think the customer is paying with a gift card rather than a real debit card. And it mistakenly says gift cards don’t get printed with customer name on them.
- United will let you bid miles for packages to attend the 2018 Winter Olympics. United is sponsoring 6 athletes for the games.
- Sex offender designations on passports are stupid even though what we think sex offenses mean are really awful.
- United’s new smoked gouda cheeseburger features Sir Kensington condiments. Sir Kensington dubs themselves “condiments with character.” Who knew?