I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
News and notes from around the interweb:
- New PointBreaks list of hotels you can redeem for just 5000 IHG points per night and remember you can buy points with a 100% bonus through through November 3 meaning at a cost of $0.00575 apiece. That lets you buy these room nights for $28.75 all-in which is amazing.
- Judge who complained about British Airways losing his luggage during a £3 billion British Airways case retires in advance of discipline
- Spend your miles on pieces of United 747s
- Apparently the fake Delta Pets website promising safe transport is an even worse scam than we thought
- In your face crony capitalist US airlines! (HT: @wdcscribe) If we know anything at all about Secretary Chao, she knows the desire of United, Delta, and American to pick the pockets of consumers by limiting flight choices and raising prices through protectionist limits on flights by Gulf airlines is a very bad idea. But she faces a fight with the nationalists in the Trump administration.
— UAE Embassy US (@UAEEmbassyUS) October 27, 2017
- Changes to Qantas fare classes for earnings and upgrade pricing
- Bugs Bunny has been in more films than any other cartoon character. He has his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. And now Looney Toons stars in a Southwest Airlines flight attendant announcement video. This originated in September 2016 but is making the rounds on Facebook again.