News and notes from around the interweb:
- Etihad, which has already stopped serving San Francisco and now serves 5 cities with 6 daily flights, will reduce Los Angeles frequency from daily to 4 times weekly.
- Sneak Peek At United Airlines’ New “Experiential” Food In Clubs
- Thinking about a United-JetBlue merger. The bet here would be that a Trump administration wouldn’t object, and United could reverse course and argue Newark isn’t New York for competitive markets purposes. They’d ruin JetBlue and that’s reason enough to want it not to happen. I’m not worried.
- “Concorde almost failed to get off the ground due to a row over the spelling of its name”
The two countries initially agreed on ‘Concord’ to show their harmony – before French President Charles de Gaulle added an ‘e’, to make the word French.
Furious PM Harold Wilson ordered the ‘e’ be removed, to revert it to the English translation and the fallout threatened to derail the entire project.
- Man says his 7 year old daughter was bitten by bed bugs and left bleeding on a British Airways flight. It’s not the first report of British Airways bed bugs, or the only thing reported about their seats. Of course these issues plague other airlines too and pest control is an ongoing challenge (that some handle more aggressively than others).
- How Air France is rescuing its A380 with the shattered engine which diverted to Goose Bay on September 30.
— PMP Breaking News (@PMPBreakingNews) September 30, 2017