News and notes from around the interweb:
- Bottlenecks during the airline board process spread disease giving new meaning to the term ‘gate lice’.
- Uber vs. Taxi: A Driver’s Eye View (HT: Marginal Revolution)
- I grew up as a business traveler expecting to see mice in United’s Red Carpet Club at Washington Dulles, not in a British Airways lounge at Heathrow.
— Matthew Beavis (@mbeavis72) October 8, 2017
- Southern California man accused of being DB Cooper, the man who hijacked a Northwest flight in 1971 and parachuted out midflight with a ransom never to be found, by a team of 40 volunteers including retired law enforcement investigators. The man “has offered strange denials that raise more questions than they answer.”
- A TSA agent pulled his best Jay Baruchel impersonation with actress Brie Larson and it didn’t go over well.
I merely smiled at a TSA agent and he asked for my phone number. To live life as a woman is to live life on the defense.
— Brie Larson (@brielarson) October 5, 2017
Here’s a hint for the TSA: Alice Eve would have a harder time refusing the advance. And either way, your colleagues can give her a secondary.