News and notes from around the interweb:
- Austin is getting a temporary Stockholm non-stop for South By. This is in addition to Delta’s SXSW Amsterdam flight.
- DC travel meetup October 10
- The LA Chargers wanted a TFR over their stadium during games. They don’t want banners flown and claimed it was a ‘safety hazard’ as opposed to wanting to mute criticism flying overhead. The FAA said not gonna happen because stadium capacity is less than 30,000.
Banner flying over StubHub Center right now: "WORST OWNER IN SPORTS? DEAN SPANOS, PAY YOUR RENT!" pic.twitter.com/TUGIT15ws9
— Jack Wang (@thejackwang) September 17, 2017
- United is only coming through with this hurricane-related ticket refund because the customers taped the call where the refund was promised (HT: Jeff Edwards)
- Overflight fees explained.
Why airlines pay to fly over other countries pic.twitter.com/IXdJX80asv
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) October 4, 2017
- Roman Colosseum’s Top Level to Open for First Time in 40 Years