News and notes from around the interweb:
- Starbucks raised their prices last week. Since they have a revenue-based program now I guess you’re supposed to think that’s a good thing. (HT: Khalil D.) And I guess the pejorative ‘Four Bucks’ is no longer even accurate.
- What flights used to cost in the ‘golden age’ of air travel
- Class action settlement for Wells Fargo opening accounts in customers’ names without their knowledge
Copyright: jetcityimage / 123RF Stock Photo
- Amtrak is refreshing the seat cushions, carpet, curtains and reading lights on some trains and giving dining cars a redesign. (HT: Joe Brancatelli)
- You know not to touch the remote control in your hotel room, maybe bring a ziploc bag and press the buttons through the plastic. But did you know not to touch the hair dryer in the bathroom?
- How Concorde was supposed to change travel but didn’t
- TSA stops Drag Race Winner, Cites “Groin Anomaly”