News and notes from around the interweb:
- Challenges correctly pricing Hilton multi-night award stays, are you being overcharged?
- Wells Fargo cards that earn 5 points per dollar on gas, groceries, and drug store purchases for 5 months now cap that earning to the first $12,500 spend
- Hotel fined $310,000 for concealing campaign contributions designed to stifle expansion by a competitor (HT: Alan H.)
An upscale hotel in Santa Monica has agreed to a $310,000 fine for laundering donations to City Council candidates and committees in hopes of thwarting the expansion of a competing hotel, records show.
The Huntley Hotel concealed 62 campaign contributions — totaling $97,350 — to anti-development committees and political candidates thought likely to oppose the contentious expansion of the Fairmont Miramar Hotel
- There’s reportedly a 40,000 point signup bonus for the JetBlue Plus Card
- American Airlines affixes bright red ‘steal me’ tags to checked bags which contain guns
- British Airways first class passengers in Barbados can use the private jet terminal and be driven to the plane. I had no idea, but given Virgin’s plans for a departure lounge on the beach that makes Barbados perhaps the most premium ground service destination in the Americas.
Credit: Virgin Holidays