News and notes from around the interweb:
- Air Force says tornado damaged 2 ‘Doomsday’ 747s
- Last year the Hyatt Regency Paris let you book an Ambaassador Suite cheap and then published club rooms for $21 and 3000 points per night. We knew about this second deal thanks to Windbag Miles who finally stayed at the property and has thoughts.
- Over the weekend I saw Edward Russell note that the Air Canada lounge at LAX stopped accepting United Gold elite members and above, however One Mile at a Time says there’s been no change — United’s Star Gold members can access the terminal 6 Air Canada lounge even when flying domestically.
- I don’t think this is New York JFK, but still…
— Flight (@flightorg) June 24, 2017
- Worrying about the other shoe dropping: Now that American officially allows 24 hour refunds on award tickets, are holds on awards in jeopardy?
- The ACLU doesn’t like increased TSA scrutiny of passenger reading material (HT: Paul H.) Sure having the government inspect what we read chills freedom of thought while being of dubious value in detecting terrorists. But to the security state that’s a feature not a bug.