There’s no quicker and easier way to earn a large amount of miles quickly than with a new credit card.
There are a bunch of new – and very big – credit card signup bonus offers out there, and some limited-time bonuses. This list is mostly new over the past 6 months. Hilton and British Airways co-brand cards even have six figure offers.
Here are the 11 cards I consider to have the very best signup bonus offers right now:
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card has an 80,000 point signup bonus after $5000 spend within 3 months. That can even be enough for a roundtrip business class award ticket between the US and Europe. (Chase points are super valuable because they transfer directly to a variety of airlines and hotels.)
It earns 3 points per dollar on travel — that’s airlines, hotels, rental cars, tolls, even Uber — and 3 points per dollar on shipping and advertising on social media and search engines, so great for anyone who advertises on Facebook or Twitter, or who spends money advertising with Google. It also comes with $600 protection against theft or damage when you use it to buy your cell phone. ‘5/24’ applies.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card lets you earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
With a $0 annual fee the first year, then $95, I suggest that as the number on card to get started with in miles and points. Get Sapphire Reserve later, perhaps, the card’s annual fee makes this the one to get first.
Points transfer to United, Hyatt, Southwest, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic, Singapore Airlines, Korean Air, Air France KLM, Marriott Rewards, IHG Rewards Club, and Ritz-Carlton. Probably the best all-around credit card, and with a great signup bonus.
In the first quarter of 2012 Chase dropped the card from 50,000 points to 40,000 points. So it’s great to have this card back at 50… and even really 55,000 with the no fee addition of an authorized user.
(You can earn another 5,000 bonus points when you add your first authorized user to the account and make a purchase in the same 3 months from account opening.)
The card earns 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases worldwide. The card has an introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95. Here are 10 things I love about the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. I carry this card in my wallet.
Transfer Points and Redeem for Singapore Airlines A380 Suites
Since in general Chase doesn’t approve this card for folks who have signed up for 5 or more new card accounts in the past 24 months, it’s the first card you should apply for.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Card 50,000 point signup bonus after $4000 spend within 3 months; triple points on travel and dining; Priority Pass Select membership with free guests; $300 travel credit make this new Visa Infinite card from Chase with a $450 annual fee the most exciting new entrant of the year. It’s not my link, I don’t have a direct link to the card, the content doesn’t come from Chase and they don’t review it. 5/24 applies.
- British Airways Visa Signature® Card was the first US credit card I’m aware of to ever offer a 100,000 point bonus in 2009. Their big bonus is back, and it’s structured as follows: 50,000 after $3,000 spend on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening; 25,000 after $10,000 total spend on purchases within your first year of account opening — for a total of 75,000 bonus Avios ($7000 additional spend on top of the first $3000 for 50,000 Avios.); an additional 25,000 after a total of $20,000 spend within your first year from account opening — for a total of 100,000 bonus Avios.
Chase’s 5/24 reportedly does not apply.
British Airways First Class
- The Platinum Card® from American Express offers 60,000 American Express Membership Rewards points after $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months with the card.
It’s also the card with the best benefits. The value proposition here is airline lounges and elite status. It comes with Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold (matches to Marriot Gold), and National Car Rental Executive status. It gets you into Centurion lounges, Delta lounges (when flying Delta), and gives you a Priority Pass card for lounge access. There’s a $200 airline fee credit, and an Uber credit up to $200. The card earns 5 points per dollar on purchases made directly with airlines. And this $550 annual fee card is now metal.
- Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card The signup bonus for this card lets you earn 80,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening. You can also earn 7,500 bonus points for adding an authorized user to the account and making a purchase within the same 3 month period. Now that Marriott points transfer to Starwood, it’s the biggest offer for Starwood points as well. The card gives you a Category 1-5 hotel free night stay every year after your account anniversary date, and 15 elite night credits just for having the product.
Starwood’s Al Maha Desert Resort – Base Room is a Standalone Villa With Private Pool
- The Hyatt Credit Card offers 2 free nights at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide after $2,000 in purchases in the first 3 months after account opening. You also get 5000 bonus points for adding an authorized user to your account and making a purchase with the card in that same 3 month timeframe. Chase’s 5/24 reportedly does not apply.
Park Hyatt Hadahaa, Maldives
- Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN offers 50,000 Membership Rewards points after $5,000 spend on purchases with the card within your first 3 months of cardmembership.
- The Enhanced Business Platinum® Card from American Express has an offer of up to 75,000 Membership Rewards points: 50,000 points after $10,000 spend within 3 months and an additional 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 within those first 3 months.
The $450 card comes with most of the same benefits as the personal Platinum card, although it doesn’t have the $200 Uber credit. It comes with free Gogo internet passes though.
American Express Centurion Lounge Houston
- Citi Prestige Card offers 40,000 points after $4,000 spend within 3 months of account opening. There are fantastic points transfer options, from Singapore Airlines to Air France to Etihad Guest. The card comes with a Priority Pass Select that allows unlimited visits and 2 free guests each time.
I’ve been building up points with this card to diversify my balances since I have plenty of Chase and American Express points already.
- Hilton HonorsTM Surpass® Card from American Express is offering 100,000 Hilton Honors points after $3000 in eligible purchases on the card in your first 3 months of cardmembership for a limited time.
The card also earns a free weekend night on its approval anniversary date (does not include resort or service charges at some properties) as part of its signup bonus. Terms Apply.
Cardmembers get complimentary Gold status in the Honors program, and $40,000 on eligible purchases each calendar year earns Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.