I receive compensation for many links on this blog. You don’t have to use these links, but I am grateful to you if you do. American Express, Citibank, Chase, Capital One and other banks are advertising partners of this site. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same).
Since it’s heavier than most cards that came before it, with numbers on the back, it just looks different and stands out. It makes a statement.
The Platinum Card from American Express takes that a step further, it’s now all metal.
Wells Fargo is now asking customers whether you tingle in special places when you use their cards. They ask cardmembers to rate their agreement with these statements from 1-10 in a recent survey:
- I get a feeling of happiness when I use Wells Fargo credit card
- Wells Fargo credit card gives me a real thrill
- Wells Fargo credit card adds joy and pleasure into my life
- I feel more attractive when I use Wells Fargo credit card
- Wells Fargo credit card helps me be more powerful in life
- Wells Fargo credit card adds a sense of adventure to my life
- Wells Fargo credit card helps me become the person I want to be
- Wells Fargo credit card helps me be a better parent
- Wells Fargo credit card helps me be closer to the people I love.
- By choosing Wells Fargo credit card, I am doing something good for the environment.
- People seem to admire that I have a credit card from Wells Fargo
- I feel I belong with other people who use Wells Fargo credit card.
Wells Fargo says they’re just trying to rebuild trust with customers after the scandal of opening card and bank accounts without customer knowledge, and even charging fees to those customers who neglected accounts they didn’t know about.
The company hired to do the survey says they’re asking these questions “to create a more relevant experience.”
Due respect to Wells Fargo, most of their card products aren’t particularly good. Far be it from me however to tell folks that they shouldn’t get affirmation wherever they can, however.
(HT: Ryan C.)