News and notes from around the interweb:
- United Makes A Few Cool New Changes To Your Flight Experience (And One Dumb One) No, the ‘dumb one’ isn’t putting the ‘hospital’ in hospitality.
- Star Alliance frequent flyer program COPA ConnectMiles is making changes to points-earning and upgrades for 2018. Some winners, some losers, but advance notice of the changes.
- “Bose headphones have been spying on customers, lawsuit claims” in fact the claim is actually that the app they encourage you to download (I never did) collects and shares your listening habits without asking you. My Quiet Comfort headphones themselves are not smart enough to do it on their own. (HT: René S)
- The Viral Campaign to Save the 86 Year Old Former Pool Manager of the Beverly Hills Hotel from Homelessness (HT: Alan H.)
- American Express beat analyst estimates, excluding Costco they’re doing quite well, albeit with astronomical marketing spend.
- Some Avianca LifeMiles awards are going up and others are going down to and from Australia, New Zealand and Oceania (HT: Loyalty Lobby) First class between the mainland US and Australia drops, while Hawaii – Australia awards go up in all cabins.