News and notes from around the interweb:
- United is moving 787 flying to Washington Dulles and shuttering its Houston 787 base (HT: David H.)
- Highest spend requirement for a bonus ever?
Enroll by June 6th and earn 250,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $1,150,000 on purchases with your Card. From the time you enroll until October 6, 2017. Plus, after you reach this you can earn an additional 75,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $300,000 on purchases with your enrolled Card until October 6th.
- Sounds like a copycat product But US Bank is bringing out a premium credit card with $325 travel credit, gogo passes, airport lounge access (presumably Priority Pass) and triple points on travel, points worth a penny and a half apiece.
- Delta did not give me free pizza
- Airplane tipped over when spilled cooking oil sent luggage sliding to the tail
- Seriously, people, don’t put mock explosive devices in your checked bags. Did we learn nothing from Airplane!?
- American pilots have rejected all proposed alternate uniform shirt choices from beleaguered uniform manufacturer Twin Hill.
[T]he pilots union concluded the quality of the prototypes — and the fabric used in them — was not substantively better than the original shirt. So the pilots union passed on the prototypes.
Now, male pilots who want a new and different uniform shirt can buy one off the shelf at their own expense, while female AA pilots can buy an acceptable alternative to the sheer Twin Hill shirt and get reimbursed by AA.