News and notes from around the interweb:
- This is exactly what air travel is like for most people
- Your aviation word of the day is ‘snarge’ (HT: Paul H) Word is new to me and I can’t directly vouch for the usage.
- Basics on how and why to spin off air traffic control into a non-profit corporation
- Drug smuggler plays Leonardo DiCaprio playing Frank Abagnale but since Pan Am isn’t around anymore, and was in part swallowed by Delta, he faked being a Delta pilot.
- Very interesting perspective with implications for last summer’s Delta IT meltdown (HT: Sean H.)
- Area man comes to terms with never getting a good deal on a flight (HT: @PFDigest)
Throughout his adult life, Welmon has made periodic attempts at scoring cheap airfare, occasionally signing up for email lists that send out deal alerts and sometimes even reading up on travel hacks from blogs with names like The Thrifty Nomad and The Points Wiz. But again and again, Welmon could never quite bring himself to put in the legwork to figure out how to effectively game the flight-booking system and would ultimately just end up buying his tickets through the airline’s website or perhaps Travelocity.
- Aviation chuckle:
— DJ Fresh (Big Dawg) (@DJFreshSA) April 2, 2017