News and notes from around the interweb:
- Metal credit cards, ranked by weight
- Frontier Airlines prepares to go public
- Couple arrested for overflowing their bathtub in hotel room. They’re the ones who called the cops but because they thought someone was trying to break into their room, not a good idea when you have drug paraphernalia in the room… (HT: Alan H.)
Officers, who spent more than three hours trying to get the couple to open the door, ultimately undid a security latch to enter the room, a police supervisor said. By then, the two had barricaded themselves inside a small closet, they were uncooperative, police removed the door, and deployed pepper spray.
- 20% bonus on hotel points transfers to Etihad Guest in April (HT: Loyalty Lobby)
- Nicki Minaj books two hotel rooms when she travels — one for herself, and one for her clothes (HT: Alan H.)
- The American Airlines uniform debacle so far, hopefully the new uniform option from another vendor helps many of the employees who report adverse reactions to the current uniform.
- Scare report from the RAND Corporation on Chinese investment in U.S. aviation (.pdf)