News and notes from around the interweb:
- While Kuwait Airways is a dry airline, the actual policy is BYO.
- On Tuesday Hainan Airlines will begin non-stop Chongqing – Los Angeles service. Since the Chinese government allows only one Chinese carrier per long haul route there’s a rush to start idiotic unsustainable service in hopes that it someday becomes profitable, and to prevent competitor airlines from starting those routes first. (Yet Delta, American, and United are concerned only with ‘uneconomic’ behavior of Emirates, Etihad, and Qatar. And not, of course, their own uneconomic behavior.)
- You can now redeem Marriott Rewards points for TSA PreCheck but you get only a third of a cent per point in value when doing so. Please, please, please do not do this with your points.
On the other hand, if you don’t yet have PreCheck and it reduces the chances of a pat down…
- The job of a TSA agent is to intimately touch the bodies of strangers. Is it any wonder when another one is arrested for sexting a 13 year old?
The girl told her parents about the texts because she felt uncomfortable. …
Between March and October 2016 the detective and Mr. Serak texted regularly, according to the complaint. In a transcript of text messages listed in the criminal complaint, Mr. Serak texted that he dreamed about kissing and marrying the girl, that she’d look “hot” in a bathing suit and discussed touching her body.
Meanwhile the TSA is reaching out to local police to tell them what they’re doing to passengers shouldn’t be considered illegal sexual assault.
- Two years ago American Airlines eliminated duty free onboard. Now that the then-President of American is running United, United will end duty free at the close of the month as well.
I’ll be grateful to have fewer flight attendant announcements on overnight flights, but I do feel bad for flight attendants that were earning a meaningful commission on sales.
You’ll just have to buy your duty free here instead.
- Hot dogs in the Delta SkyClub in Detroit! Air New Zealand is known for its lounge hot dog carts as well.
Air New Zealand Hot Dogs