News and notes from around the interweb:
- Fly Singapore Airlines connecting in Singapore and get SGD$20 to spend at the airport. This cool program has been extended. Book with Singapore for Singapore or Silkair travel by September 30 for travel through March 31, 2018.
- An easy way to make the skies friendlier: allow ridesharing, for planes.
- Is Chase changing its opinion of whether 1099s are necessary to report bonuses given to cardmembers who refer other customers?
- Etihad will serve Paris with their awesome Airbus A380 and drop service with that aircraft to Mumbai.
- Passenger facing jail time after he poked a Ryanair crew member in the crotch. Because, alcohol.
Thomas Sleigh, a dad-of-three, flicked the male Ryanair cabin crew member in the crotch after being told to hand over alcohol he was drinking.
As his wife Michaela looked on, the steward responded: ‘Don’t ever touch me in that area ever again’.
Sleigh, 45, allegedly retorted: ‘Are you gay?’
The couple had been suspected of sneaking their own alcohol onto the flight from Murcia to Manchester.
- Former American Airlines CEO Bob Crandall wrote his first blog post in a year and he’s commenting on taxes.